The following have been adopted to establish and define local rules for golf and conditions of play for the purpose of consistency of play and the setting of standards of conduct for playing golf at Willowbrook Country Club. All play is in accordance with and governed by the USGA Rules of Golf.
LOCAL RULES – The following local rules have been established to provide rules and guidelines consistent with local conditions:
- A ball is out of bounds if it lies on or across a public road defined as out of bounds, even if the ball comes to rest on another part of the course.
- Water hazards are defined by yellow stakes or lines.
Red stakes or lines define a lateral water hazard. If both stakes and lines are used to define a margin, the line supersedes. Optional drop areas are provided for a ball in the water hazards on #3, 8, & 12, otherwise take relief under USGA Rule #26.
- Embedded ball rule is in effect through the green.
- Lift, clean, and drop without penalty, within one club length no nearer the hole.
- Preferred Lies and Winter Rules (when in effect) – A ball lying on a closely mown area (fairway) of the hole being played may, without penalty, be moved or may be lifted, cleaned, and placed within one club length of where it was originally lying, but no nearer the hole and not in a hazard or on a putting green.
- A player may move their ball once and after the ball is placed it is considered in play.
- Areas deliberately not maintained, which are observable on the course, are considered through the green.
The following are covered by USGA rules and included as a service and for information.
- Out of bounds: To the right of #2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 18; to the left of #1, 2, 3, 9, 11, 12 & 13; behind #2, 3, 4, 6, 10, 11, 14 & 17 greens and on the Driving Range.
- Obstructions – Rule #24: Relief is permitted if the following conditions interfere with swing or stance
- “Line of sight” is not an option. Relief will, without penalty, be to lift the ball and drop within one club length of the nearest point of relief no nearer the hole in the following areas:
- Cart paths regardless of surface and maintenance roads
- 150 yard marker posts
- 100, 150, & 200 yard markers in the center of the fairways
- All sprinkler heads, flower beds, or planters
- Trees with ribbons, protective tubes, or guide wires
- Restrooms and storm shelters
- Utility or Irrigation System control boxes
- Gas or water well tanks and piping
- Balls lying on a putting green other than the hole being played, will be lifted, dropped and played, without penalty, at the nearest point of relief no nearer the hole.
- A ball can be played from, or stance taken, in an area marked as “ground under repair” or relief can be taken if the area has been newly planted with grass, etc.
- Use common sense. Ball will be dropped within one club length of the nearest point of relief no nearer the hole. White lines mark the area “ground under repair” (Rule #25).
CONDITIONS OF PLAY
- No metal spike are permitted.
- All golfers, including members, guests, Juniors, and spectators must adhere to the Willowbrook dress code as defined in the club’s Policies and Procedures; and must obey all posted rules pertaining to golf, conduct, etiquette, cart usage, etc.
- Powered riding carts are to be kept at least 30 yards from all bunkers, approaches, and greens.
- Only 2 powered riding carts are permitted in a foursome – NO EXCEPTIONS !
- Powered riding carts are to be kept on the cart paths on all par 3’s.
- Repair all ball marks on greens, replace all divots, and rake bunkers upon exit.
- Yardage markers (100, 150, & 200 markers) in the center of the fairways and on
all sprinkler heads are to the center of the green.
- Members and guests must register in the Pro Shop prior to teeing off.
- During the active golf season (April to October), a score completed in accordance with the WCC Handicap System Manual must be recorded in the Golf Handicap and Information Network system (GHIN).
- A score can either be posted on the Pro Shop computer or on another computer at the ghin.com website. Scores should be posted as soon as possible after completion of a round (includes any home or away scores). If a score is not posted, the Handicap Committee may, at its discretion, enter a score equal to the lowest score in the player’s current handicap record.
- Starting play on any hole other than #1 requires the explicit permission of the Club Professional or his Assistant.
- Tees played may be from Blue, Black, White, Gold, or Red.
- All nine-hole rounds must be played from the same set of tees unless otherwise specified in a club event.
- Slow play is disruptive, rude, and unpleasant and will NOT be tolerated.
- Rate of play with a foursome at Willowbrook is 4 hours & 15 minutes. If more than one and a half open holes exist, slow players are to permit a faster group to play through. Members who persist in slow play may be directed to exit the course.
- Golfers may carry their bag, use a pull cart, battery powered walking cart, or riding golf cart.
- Each riding cart may carry two riders and no more than two bags.
- Groups of 5 are permitted only with the explicit permission of the Club Professional or his assistant and only during times the Board authorizes and course play is sufficiently light enough where these groups do not hamper the pace of play of the other members.
Pro Shop: 724-727-3442
Brian Dunaway, Golf Professional
Matt Bohinc, Superintendent
Willowbrook Country Club
181 Grossheim Road
Apollo, PA 15613