“Suggestions to help prevent slow play”
- Play ready golf! Save discussions for the 19th Hole.
- Plan your shot while walking to your ball or while others are playing.
- Be Ready to play when it is your turn.
- Walk briskly between shots.
- If riding—select several clubs and proceed to your ball when it is safe.
- Develop an “eye for distance—don’t step of yardage for every shot.
- Go directly to your ball—don’t follow others unless searching for a lost ball.
- Be efficient on your pre-shot routine—take only “one” practice swing.
- Play a provisional ball if you think your original may be lost or out of bounds.
- If your group is searching for a lost ball, signal the group behind to play
through if it is apparent the ball cannot easily be found.
- Study your putting line while others are putting.
- Place clubs on the side of the green where you will exit.
- Exit the putting green promptly after holing out.
- Do not clean or put your clubs away before entering your cart, do it when you arrive at the next tee box.
- Mark scores on card after arriving at the next tee box.